CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

First Day of School

Today was a big day for all of us. Scott and I decided that it was time for Lex to be placed in a Day Care that is just like a Preschool. I know the school very well and feel confident that it will be great for him. Lex needs to be around children his own age and away from his brother, Jack.

Scott and I decided that we would spend last night just with Lex, to ease his tensions about school, not to mention ours. Who am I kidding. It was to calm our nerves and to realize that our little man is growing up before our eyes. We let Lex decide where he wanted to eat... he chose KOBE's. He loves seeing the BIG fire as he puts it. Then we came home, popped popcorn and watched a movie. He even fell asleep in his own bed.

This morning we woke up to the new saying that schools were closed. Good for me, not necessarily for Lex. I knew that his school would still be open, just late. So the question was, do I take him or not?

He woke up and was so excited about going to school that I decided to take him. He was quiet on the ride over, but when we arrived, his eyes lit up and I knew we had made the right decision. We walked in and it was like he had always gone to school. What am I talking about... he did grow up in the building. It is my old school. So I waved goodbye, shed NO tears, and went on my way.

Later today I went to pick him up and he was excited to see me until....

Until a little girl said that Lex had hit her in the head with a block. I knew right away it was true because lex hid behind my legs and go really quiet. I knew that this day was coming, but really... on the FIRST DAY OF PRESCHOOL?!?!?!?!?

We have had a long talk with him and I think he knows we will not be happy with behavior like that at school. Heck, I am a teacher and I do not want to have to be on the receiving end of that phone call. I hate making them let alone receiving them.

We will see what Thursday brings....

No comments: