CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 31, 2011

January 26, 2011 Snow Storm

Last week the weathermen were saying that we were only going to get rain and possible some snow showers, but NOTHING MAJOR they assured us. Oh how were they wrong. Schools were closed on Wednesday and many businesses let out early that day. In fact 83 was shut down for hours because of so many abandoned vehicles. It was insane. Thursday brought us around 8 inches of snow and more in other areas (less in some areas as well). Scott took the day off, I was excited and so were the kids. I was expecting 2-hour late opening on Friday, but we were off instead with snow showers in the forecast- maybe 1-2 inches accumulation.

We had a great five day weekend. It was nice being that stay at home mom during the school year. It was insane because we were stuck in the house for two days...oh yea i had to get out on the third day. The kids, both big and small had fun as well.

As of right now- it is 8:30 p.m. and they are predicting more wintery weather... mainly ice. I do not like ice. I will not drive in ice!! If they are right then ice is what we will have tomorrow and then rain on Wednesday. If they are wrong, we could have more? maybe less? Who knows. This is not a precise science. They can only take the information they are given and make an informed hypothesis as to what may or may not occur. I do not blame the weathermen, it is winter after all and only Mother Nature truly knows what is going to happen. I can only wait.


No comments: