Thursday proved to be the day my labor would progress. Remember that Wednesday night they sent me home because the contractions had stopped. So Thursday morning mom and I went over to school for me to get some things done for a field trip. Then we went to the mall to just get some things. We did not walk the entire mall. I was definitely not moving as fast as I had been. Then off to Target and home. I too a nap once home. Then I got up at 5 pm to sit on the couch while I waited for dinner to be ready and scott to bring Lex home. At 6 pm I admitted that I was having contractions at 5 minuted apart. Mom and I took Lex to the sitter's house and stopped by our house for a few things. On the way back to my parent's house I decided to call the doctor on duty. She told me to lay on my left side and drink some water. By 11 pm the contractions had intensified. I called again and she said to come in to the hospital.
Scott and I headed over and were taken right over to L & D. The hooked me up to all the monitors and monitored my contractions. They gave me something to sleep, that lasted an hour when the contractions came back full force. The house doctors kept trying to get me to do a regular delivery, but I kept saying no. My 2:30 am they called my doctors and they decided I would have my c-section that morning.
At 4:30 am I was preped for surgery. And then at 5:14 Jack arrived at 7 pounds, 3 ounces and 19.5 inches long.
Hopeflly we will be coming home tomorrow morning. That is what we are hoping. Dr. Pearlman thinks that it will happen as well.


No comments:
Post a Comment