CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

First Think, Then React

Sunday night proved to be interesting. I decided that I would boil some chicken for chicken salad. I put the pot of water and chicken on the stove and went down stairs. Anyone reading this probably knows where I am going with this, but here is the rest of the story.

I was in the family room playing around with Lex, Jack, and Scott. We were having a great time of family bonding, when all of a sudden the smoke alarms went off. They are all connected therefore, all three were going off. We both reacted by running upstairs. Lex behind us, was very scared and confused about what was going on. I went righ to the stove where I said a few unparent like words, grabbed the pot (without a potholder), threw it in the sink. Then I thought, CRAP, the sprinklers are going to go off. They would not have because it was just smoke, no fire, but I was not thinking.

***NOTE*** Please remember I said I was not thinking as your read on...

I then grabbed the pot again without the potholder to take it outside so the alarms would go off. My thought was "get the pot outside to get the smoke out of the house". So grabbing the handle of the pot, I opened the sliding door and placed the pot out on the wet deck. I did think there. A couple minutes later my hand was blistering.

So to Patient First we went (Grandmom and Granddad Williams came to watch the boys). I went back fast. The firdt thing the doctor said to me was.. " Your a teacher?!?"

YES!!!! I know I did not think.

So I am here I am bandaged up and blisters all over my pointer finger on my right hand. Working has been very interesting this week.

No comments: