CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Things I Have Learned

After turning 30 a week ago, I have been thinking about some things and reflecting on the things I ahve learned in the past three decades. Here are some of the reflections...

1. There are some nice people in Pikesville. This I actually learned today. I have lived in Pikesville all of my life up until I was married in 2004. You have to understand people in that area in order to appreciate them. Typically, everyone is in their own little world- on the road, in stores, anywhere really. Today, Jack decided he did not like his shoes and socks on so he kicked them off. We did not know this until a nice guy in the store told us that he had found a shoe and sock and had given it to the cashier. We then checked his feet and realized he had nothing on. I took Lex and walked all around the store, retracing our steps. No shoe or sock. As we were about to give up and leave a nice lady said she had found one outside and left it on the curb. It was still there. We now have BOTH shoes and socks. Jack and I are having a long talk tonight about his shoes.

2. Agreements are not always followed. At school we have a fund that everyone is to pay into to provide for various items, such as parties and coffee items in the faculty room. In this agreement it states that we will only have showers for your first wedding/ child birth. This is not always the case. I guess it depends on who the celebration is for.

3. Once you are in debt, you will always be in debt. There is always something new that needs to be purchased or paid for. I am okay with being in debt because it is real debt for things that are needed... house, car, and college. One day I will be debt free... hopefully, but I am okay with my debt. I just wish others understood this "real" debt. Most people in our generation are in this case, so that makes me feel better.

4. Cranky Times for infants SUCK!!-- Enough said.

5. Keeping a house clean. I definitly have OCD when it comes to having things in their place. I take medicine to help control my compultions in check. With children... having a neat home is nearly impossible!! I am coming to terms with this reality. One day I will have a neat and organized home, but I am enjoying the mess now seeing it is making my oldest child happy.

6. Ice Cream for dinner is not always bad. Ice cream has milk in it, therefore you are getting some calcium-- which is good. When it comes down to getting your child to eat something, I am choosing not to battle this one. As in teaching, you choose your battles wisely.

7. You are not always heard. People ask for my opinion and wishes, but they are not always heard. Opinions are one thing== you either take it or leave it-- it is exactly that, an opinion. But when you are asked what you want (would like), that is what you expect.

8. You cannot change people. People are who they are. I am a glass half empty type of person where Scott is a glass half filled. That is how we compliment each other. You eaither take it or leave it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A CLEAN, ORGANIZED HOUSE!! WHAT IS THAT!!! MY OLDEST CHILD IS 30 NOW (BOY I AM GETTING OLD!) AND MY YOUNGEST IS 26 AND I STILL DO NOT HAVE A CLEAN, ORGANIZED HOUSE!!!! OH, I HAVE GRAND-CHILDREN NOW!!

LOVE YOU
MOM