CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 21, 2009

Blizzard of 2009

Who would have guessed that two days before the winter solstice (official first day of winter) we would be getting 20 inches of snow. Since Scott was working at the hotel this past weekend, I decided to stay with my parents. It made it easier because I knew Lex would want to go out into the snow, so I could not be with him and be with Jack inside. So Friday, I went to the parents house and Saturday we woke up to this:



It was pretty at first. Dad and I decided to shovel in sessions as to make it easier. Let me tell you... it was easier. We had to do my house after all the snow had fallen... HARD!!

This was Lex's first BIG snowfall. I think he loved it. He woke up Saturday morning saying, "Play in snowman." He calls snow snowman for some reason. So off we went out into the snow. He had his own shovel, snow pants, and new boots. He was very excited. He wanted to throw snowballs, but it was a powdery snow. Here are some pictures for the day.

Lex is getting ready to go out in the snow...


Lex with mommy's old snow toy...




Adorable... Lex LOVES the snow!!


After it was all said and done, and time to come in, which he DID NOT want to do... he CRASHED!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boy, this brings back memories of all the other big snows we have had since 1979!!