CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Date with Pop pop

I decided to take Pop pop on all of his outings Wednesday. He had a doctors appointment at 11 a.m. He insisted that he always has to wait for that doctor so he was not going to get there on time. We got there at 11:05 and contrary to what he told me about this office always being busy and a long wait time, there was no one there. My mistake, there was one person in the waiting room. We sat down and in three minutes he was called back. After a while the doctor comes out looking for Mr. Beever's wife. I know I looked confused and told the doctor that I was his grand daughter. He looked even more confused. After the doctor's office visit, Pop pop took me to lunch. We went to a place called The Grill. It was really good. I think that I want to go back. I had a Hawaiian Club. It was made of turkey, ham, cheddar cheese, and pineapple. I never thought of having pineapple on a sandwich. VERY GOOD!!

After lunch, it was on to the hospital for physical theropy. Again he told the transport person that I was his wife. I know now why mom mom gets so frustrated with him. It was fun, but I was getting some weird looks. While he was in theropy, I graded papers and listened to nurses on their lunch break talk about the guys they work with and some other kady things. I felt like I was in a school cafeteria again. After an hour or so he come out and then home we went. He insisted that I try to convince mom mom to go out to dinner. But I think that he was too tired to go out. He did not get his nap. So instead we ordered from Olive Tree. Dinner was great!! It was a nice day. I have not spent an entire day with Pop pop in a while. I think he really enjoyed himself as well.

No comments: