CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

General Rant

Well there are some things that I would just like to get off my chest...

1. Friendliness of people in the stores-
Hello people, we are all shopping for gift and food for the holidays. This does not mean that we have to just be thinking about ourselves. I was in the store the other day and this woman just pushed her way through a family of three. It was a mother and her two children. They were not in the way, but this other woman who was obviously in a rapid rush thought that the best thing would be to just push her way though the isle and nearly know over the smaller of the kids holding onto the cart. I know that when I am shopping if I have to cut in front of someone, I say excuse me and thank you. Are those words that hard to say?

We are going out for Black Friday, so I cannot wait to see how people act then. I just keep thinking that we are all for the most part in the same boat financially in this economic time and we all want the sales. But if you cannot get something think about the fact that it may not have been the perfect gift... maybe you will find something better at a later time and place. This is what usually happen to me :O)

2. Lex looks like Lex...
The last time I checked it takes two people to create another living child. There for the offspring gets 23 chomosomes from each parent. This is how I know it worked for Lex!! He has half of me and half of Scott. Eventhough he is 18 months on Sunday, it gets old hearing that Lex looks just like Scott. Yes Lex has some features of Scott like his eyes and not- a- care-in-the-world disposition, but he also is like me. I think that he has my blue eyes (Scott's are green), my skin tone (we both tan), and my hair color, it is not red. When I look at children, yes I may think "wow, he or she looks just like....", but I do not say it. I just remark on how cute they are and that they have characteristics from both parents.

3. Bragging Rights...
Children do things at diffent paces. For example, I learned to tie my shoes early on, Jason, did not learn to tie his shoes until he was like 8... i know that he was not that old, but he was much older than I was. Potty training is another thing,ALL kids learn at different stages in their lives. Yes, Lex may be ready, but we are not home long enough to start yet, so we will begin over Christmas break. He will learn at his own pace and I will not pressure him. I guess that I am just tired of hearing how children who are older than Lex are doing things and people do not take into consideration that Lex is only 18 months old!!

4. Thanksgiving...
I cannot wait to have my first Thanksgiving in my new house. I have been looking forward to this since the day we settled. I cannot wait to have family over from my side and Scott's side. Lex is eager to show off his wonderful room and the improvements we have made to the place. I just hope that there is not a lot of drama! It is a time to be thankful for what we have in our lives and thankful for what we bring eachother. Sometimes I think that people do not think about all the planning, time, and effort/money that goes into family get-togethers/parties. But thankfully I have wonderful parents on both sides who are helping out and making things to bring to our wonderful feast!! Thank you guys!!!

Well that is that. I feel better.


Happy Thanksgiving!!! I have a video to put up of Lex, but I will have to do that at home. My school computer does not have that feature.So hopefully our meeting tonight will not take too long and I will be able to work on it at home tonight.

No comments: