CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 26, 2010

God only gives you what you can handle...

This comment was tald tome today while I was at the car dealership's service department. I am beginning to think that the statement should have been- "God is testing you to see how much you can han handle".

As most people know in March I found out I was losing my job do to schools closing in the Archdiocese. Test Number One- Handle Job Lose and Finding Another Job. I think I handeled this one very well. I went on four interviews, found a summer job, and found a full time job at another Catholic School I am sure I will learn to love.

Test Number Two- Cleaning out a classroom with a lot of emotional attachment. Definitely handled this well. I had packed up all the stuff in my room, took it to the grandparent's garage and said goodbye to a place I have loved working at for the past nine years. How many people really do say that they love their job and their place of employment. I truely did although at times it was rough.

As I was dealing with Test Number Two, Test Number Three arrived. Scott and I received a letter in the mail the last week of May from Form Motor Company saying that our car (our new car) has a voluntary recall for something in the transmission that can cause harsh shifts and eventually malfunctions of the car. We decided that because we were going away for Jason's wedding we would take it in as soon as possible. Scott got an appointment and we dropped the car off on June 7th. They told Scott that 9/10 cars pass. I knew that mine would be the 1/10 that would fail. Sure enough, Scott called me at work on June 8th saying my car is undriveable. It did not pass the 50 mph test and I drive I-95 at 70 mph every day. So they kept the car and we would just get a rental from Ford because that is what the letter said- we would have a loaner car for the duration of the repair of the car. Well apparently Ford did not mean this. We fought and finally got a car on Tuesday, June 15. A much smaller car then what were used to and very uncomfortable for a car trip with two kids and a large man. We dealt with it and it was a wonderful weekend. We called after the trip on the 22nd of June to check on the car. They said that Ford was not sending them the parts that they needed all at once and could not work on the car, but that they had a loaner car I could use so I should return the rental to Enterprise. I did, and the car they gave me sucked even more. Dirty, Dirty, Dirty and NO GAS. I went to the showroom to speak with a person who sold me the car since we were the owner's customers and the general manager checked the status of my car and the nice salesperson who sold me my car got me a ful tank of gas. This was Wednesday night (the 23rd). Then last night (the 25th) we were called and told that my car's transmission was finished!! MIRACLE- That is the FASTEST I have known them to finish a transmission. I know from past experience- NEON in Tampa, Florida 2000. I guess a little crying rutine worked. I jsut wanted my car that I am paying for and I guess someone agreed. So I went today the 26th to pick up my car.

Test Number Four- Picking up the car is not so easy...

I pay for the oil change and the tire rotation, they give me my key to the car and tell me where it is parked. There are other cars parked behind my car to the side so I tell the tech person and ask if someone else could get my car for me and take it to the loaner car to get the car seats out. They say yes and tell me to meet them at the loaner car. I do. Time passes and NO CAR!! I decide to go back to the office and as I am walking another tech comes to get me. He says--"the person moving your car hit another car and your car needs to have a new bumper and paint job. "You are joking right?1?" NO! All I could do was laugh. I got all the info I need from them and where I have to go for the estimate. It is not going through my insurance because it was not my fault. So I have to do that this week because they are not open on weekends. Then the dealership will repair the bumper for me. They will even give me a loaner vehicle to use on the day that the car will be fixed. Moral of this story- It was not meant for me to get this car. But I did laugh- no tears today!!

Test Number Five- Constipation!! No me, but Lex. While at Jason and Allie's wedding, Lex thought it would be cool to got constipated. We gave him laxatives and nothing, just screaming everytime he farted. Came home and Monday the doctor said to give him some enamas... that worked Monday afternoon, but then he had a hard time peeing and still needed to do number two so we thought it would be best to take him the the ER. We did, he had an x-ray to see if there was anything else there, there was, so they gave us a prescription to help him go. It did not work. Yesterday was day three of round two so I took him to the doctors, were we were told to give more enamas. We did this mornign and afternoon, and guess what-- Still nothing. He is saying he has to go but there is nothing. I have a feeling I will be at the doctors again this week for him.

I think I am done with tests!! It is someone else's turn. I have coped and have done very well.

No comments: