For Easter, the kids and I heading to Virginia Beach with my parents to see Jason and Allie. It was also the first time we were able to meet her family. We also attended her Confirmation and visited the beach. It was fun. Easter morning Lex and Jack woke up to Easter Baskets from both MeeMaw and Grandad and Allie and Jason. I think he was very excited for all he recieved. Allie made a delicious breakfast casserole and after we ate, Lex had an Easter Egg Hunt in their house. You would have thought it was Christmas all over. His eyes lit up with all the Easter eggs.





Lex at Virgina Beach. You would have never known that he was once afraid of the sand. Now it is almost impossible to get him away from it!!





On Monday, we returned from Virginia. The kids spent the night at the grandparents house and I spent all day Tueday cleaning the house. I also had to work on my lesson plan for me to teach for my interview I had this week. Busy, busy, busy.
Wednesday, Scott got out of work early because the area was without water due to an underground fire. It worked out well because he and I were able to run some errands, pick up the boys from his parent's house, and go to Jen and Eddie's to drop some things off for the party we were having there. Again a VERY busy day.
Thursday we had friends come in to town for the Baptism of Jack. My friend, Ginny from college, is Jack's Godmother and Eddie is his Godfather. That night, we all went out to dinner at a local place to get crab cakes. They just loved them. The kids were excited to see eachother and it was their first time seeing stairs. They could not get enough of running up and down the steps. They had also never seen or been in a basement. That was new snd exciting as well.
Friday we decided to go to Pennsylvania to ride the Strasburg Train. Lex was EXCITED!! He is still talking about riding the train. We decided it would be best to ride in the dining car and get lunch. Giving children food keeps them calm and quiet for the most part.





Saturday was Jack's Baptism. Everything went well. All those who really care were there amd supporting Jack on his special day. It was a really nice celebration. Everyone was well behaved in church and everyone had a great time at the reception afterwards. I thought Jack was going to cry when the water was poured over his head, but surprisingly, he did not. He was all smiles (as usual).





Party Pictures--





Sunday, we and the Beckers went to the National Zoo. We decided to drive to Silver Spring, then take the metrorail to Washington D.C. It was such a beautiful day. It was very warm and the zoo was crowded. I did nto think it would be that bad. But, eventhough there were some rude people on the way to the zoo and at the zoo we all had a wonderful time.





Tomorrow I return to work. Maybe I will get a rest then.. yea right!!

No comments:
Post a Comment