CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Power Play

Today was the kick off for Catholic Schools Week. We had our opening Mass at 9 am with the students in the fifth grade (my class) prepared to do the readings and the other tasks of the Mass. I was given the reading for the Mass two weeks ago, almost a month ago actually. My kids were prepared to read them or so I thought. The priest who I have to tell you has been in Hawaii for the past couple of weeks repramanded me because I did not call him ahead of time to talk this over with him. This is what happens when the parish does not have a priest. I did not know who to contact. I thought that the contact person here at school knew what was going on.

What bothers me the most is the way the priest handled things. I have been Catholic my entire life. I have always seen how some priest think that they are better than everyone else. I cannot get over that. We are all human being, all make mistakes, and all work hard. I love how nuns have to take the vow of poverty, as do other groups of priesthood, but then there are some who do not and think they are better. I am so frustrated. I thought that they kids did wonderful seeing we were unprepared for the Mass.

No comments: