Last night we had our first "real" sickness from Lex. Scott was putting him to sleep and out of nowhere it sounded as if he were choking. I turned the light on right away and he was throwing up. This is the first time he has thrown up, for real. It was all over our bed, which had to come off. Scott took him into the bathroom where he screamed and screamed and screamed (Lex not Scott). When I walked in Scott had the toilet seat up and was standing over the toilet with Lex. I think that this was scaring Lex more than anything else. It was quite cute. I guess that that is the first thing Scott thought of because he has had experience with the toilet...like the four years in college!! Scott handed Lex to me and as soon as that transition took place, Lex spued again all over the floor. That was it. It was over. We made it through Lex's first sickness. All he wanted besides me was his favorite book "Baker, Baker, Cookie Maker" He fell asleep with it actually. He went to sleep in him crib, but ended up in our bed. He was very pithetic, we felt so bad for him. Mom watched him today and he is all better now. Maybe tonight we will have a good nights sleep.
Other than that, Lex is talking up a storm. He is now saying MaMa all the time, thank goodness. He is also saying bubbles, cookie, nana for banana, Pop Pop and Pop Pop Pop, Dog and Kit for Kitty. Lex is also becoming very fond of Midnight. Lex gives him hugs and pets him all the time. Midnight is okay with this. Lex has also mastered saying and identifying eye and ear. He cam identify nose, hair, head, mouth, chin, and cheek. Scott has taught him to blow raspberries and to look for everyone's "tickle button".
In our home owner's news. I purchased our dining room table... all 187 pound of it. It was so heavy. Then when Dad and I go to put it together, we realize that the table top is cracked. Just my luck. I called the store, I returned it and got a new one. We were suppose to just get the table top, but they gave up the entire table again so I had to take half the table back the next day. Then Scott comes home and says that he needs a new tire. Yea, not just one tire, but four plus an alignment. So I get over that shock, pay for it, and they tell up that he needs new rotters (I know I spelled that wrong) and brake pads. So to say the least there goes Christmas money. We take his car in on Wednesday for that. For good news, Dave and Scott found a clog in our drier so HOPEFULLY that will work. Keep your fingers crossed for that.
Oh and then in all of this car stuff, Scott wakes up Friday and the first thing he says to me is... "Oh, honey, my glasses broke last night." I got him in to the eye doctor, he picked out glasses, and was on his way. Then tonight they call and say that his frames were not covered but for every 24 months (it has only been 12 months), but that the lenses are. They said they could put the new lenses in his old frames, but that would defeat the purpose because his frames are broken. So after I told them I would just pay for the frames out of pocket, Scott called them back and asked about contact lenses. The insurance will cover them so he is getting them instead and then next October he willget ne frames and lenses. I am so glad that I have 20/20 and the magnesium is out of my system from having Lex. I had to wear glasses last year because of the magnesium still being in my system.
Hopefully this week will be better. I will post some pictures in another entry.
Monday, October 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment